ClustrMaps on Typepad
ClustrMaps HTML installation instructions for Typepad users
For convenience, we repeat steps 1-4 of the main instructions on the HTML setup page, and add more specific instructions for this case using the sub-steps shown at step 5 below.
PHASE I: Copy your ClustrMaps HTML code
1. Log in to your ClustrMaps ‘Admin’ page by clicking on the Admin link at the top of any ClustrMaps page, or going directly to: http://www.clustrmaps.com/admin/action.php (use your URL as your username, and the password you have been sent, or the password you changed it to)
2. On your admin page, you will see a box containing the relevant HTML code. Click in the box with your mouse and select ALL of that text (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+A to select all of it)
3. Now copy that HTML (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+C to perform this, or right-click with the mouse and select ‘Copy’); you will then paste it into your web page later on below.
PHASE II: Blog-specific alterations (hosted blog)
4. Now you must log into your blog hosting account, using the sequence you would normally use, say, if you were about to change your blog settings or preferences or user profile information. Do this in a separate browser window if possible, or in the same window you are currently using if that is simpler for you.
5. You now need to alter the ‘code’ on your page where the map is going to appear. To do this, follow the specific "a,b,c,d,e,f,g" sequence for this type of blog as specified immediately below:
Content – Your TypeLists
|b. Best view||TypeLists…
Display notes: view ‘as text’ rather than ‘as tooltips’
|c. Where?||Go to TypeList…
Create a ‘Link TypeList’ for ClustrMaps;
‘add a new item’
Then click in the Notes field for the TypeList
|d. Paste||use the CTRL+V keys to paste what you earlier copied at
step 3, or right-click with the mouse and select ‘Paste’
|f. Save||‘Save and Update’ button|
|g. Publish||Configure > (Name of List) > Display Notes > As Text|