ClustrMaps on Tripod.com
ClustrMaps HTML installation instructions for Tripod.com users
For convenience, we repeat steps 1-4 of the main instructions on the HTML setup page, and add more specific instructions for this case using the sub-steps shown at step 5 below.
PHASE I: Copy your ClustrMaps HTML code
1. Log in to your ClustrMaps ‘Admin’ page by clicking on the Admin link at the top of any ClustrMaps page, or going directly to: http://www.clustrmaps.com/admin/action.php (use your URL as your username, and the password you have been sent, or the password you changed it to)
2. On your admin page, you will see a box containing the relevant HTML code. PLEASE USE OPTION [B] THAT IS PROVIDED! Click in the box with your mouse and select ALL of that text (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+A to select all of it)
3. Now copy that HTML (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+C to perform this, or right-click with the mouse and select ‘Copy’); you will then paste it into your web page later on below.
PHASE II: Tripod.com-specific alterations
4. Now you must log into your Tripod.com account, using the sequence you would normally use, say, if you were about to change your settings or preferences or user profile information. Do this in a separate browser window if possible, or in the same window you are currently using if that is simpler for you.
5. You now need to alter the ‘code’ on your page where the map is going to appear. To do this, follow the specific sequence for this type of site as specified immediately below:
[Thanks to enthusiastic ClustrMaps user AK Gupta]
a) After you will login to your user id, click on ‘edit’ opposite to your site name.
b) Navigate through the links in your pages to find the particular page on which you want to setup your ‘Clustrmaps’.
c) In edit mode, click on the button that says ‘Add text’ from the footer (control panel to build site). This will open a new page allowing you to add the text in the text box provided.
d) In the text box paste the code copied at step 3 above using the short cut keys as CTRL + V. But before that don’t forget to click on the check button that reads ‘Allow HTML’. This will enable the page to accept the code as HTML code (otherwise the code will appear on the page as you have copied it earlier).
e) Click on ‘Done’ button right after the check button or at the footer (control panel to build site)
f) As soon as you click on ‘done’ your mail page will be displayed, and there you can assure the perfect spacing of your ‘ClustrMap’.
g) Click on publish button from the footer (control panel to build site)