ClustrMaps on Multiply.com
ClustrMaps HTML installation instructions for Multiply.com users
For convenience, we repeat steps 1-4 of the main instructions on the HTML setup page, and add more specific instructions for this case using the sub-steps shown at step 5 below.
PHASE I: Copy your ClustrMaps HTML code
1. Log in to your ClustrMaps ‘Admin’ page by clicking on the Admin link at the top of any ClustrMaps page, or going directly to: http://www.clustrmaps.com/admin/action.php (use your URL as your username, and the password you have been sent, or the password you changed it to)
2. On your admin page, you will see a box containing the relevant HTML code. YOU MUST USE OPTION [B] THAT IS PROVIDED! Click in the box with your mouse and select ALL of that text (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+A to select all of it)
3. Now copy that HTML (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+C to perform this, or right-click with the mouse and select ‘Copy’); you will then paste it into your web page later on below.
PHASE II: Blog-specific alterations (hosted blog)
4. Now you must log into your Multiply.com account, using the sequence you would normally use, say, if you were about to change your blog settings or preferences or user profile information. Do this in a separate browser window if possible, or in the same window you are currently using if that is simpler for you.
5. You now need to alter the ‘code’ on your page where the map is going to appear. To do this, follow the specific sequence for this type of blog as specified immediately below:
a) Click on ‘My site’ along the items you see at the top of the page once you have logged in.
b) click on ‘Customize my site’ that you’ll see in small text on the right side of the page (or just below your main title, a few lines down)
c) click on the little ‘Edit’ rectangle on right hand side of the ‘Welcome’ or ‘About me’ area (that area has a little ‘house’ or ‘home’ icon in its upper left area)
d) In addition to whatever other text you want to add in that box, paste the HTML you copied at step 3 as follows: use the CTRL+V keys to paste what you earlier copied at step 3 (AND MAKE SURE YOU PROPERLY SELECTED OPTION B AT STEP 2), or right-click with the mouse and select ‘Paste’
e) MAKE SURE TO DELETE THE FINAL ‘/’ AT END OF THE IMG CODE:
You need to double-check the final part of the HTML to make sure it looks like the part where we have pointed with a red arrow in the image below (click to enlarge):
Otherwise Multiply.com will add a “%27%20” for you (which you can re-edit and delete if necessary).
Of course you will have your own code instead of the code actually shown in the figure above!
f) click on ‘Save’ at the bottom of that area
g) click on ‘Done’ at the top of your screen