ClustrMaps on FreeWebs
ClustrMaps HTML installation instructions for FreeWebs users
For convenience, we repeat steps 1-4 of the main instructions on the HTML setup page, and add more specific instructions for this case using the sub-steps shown at step 5 below.
PHASE I: Copy your ClustrMaps HTML code
1. Log in to your ClustrMaps ‘Admin’ page by clicking on the Admin link at the top of any ClustrMaps page, or going directly to: http://www.clustrmaps.com/admin/action.php (use your URL as your username, and the password you have been sent, or the password you changed it to)
2. On your admin page, you will see a box containing the relevant HTML code. PLEASE USE OPTION [B] THAT IS PROVIDED! Click in the box with your mouse and select ALL of that text (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+A to select all of it)
3. Now copy that HTML (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+C to perform this, or right-click with the mouse and select ‘Copy’); you will then paste it into your web page later on below.
PHASE II: FreeWebs-specific alterations
4. Now you must log into your FreeWebs account, using the sequence you would normally use, say, if you were about to change your settings or preferences or user profile information. Do this in a separate browser window if possible, or in the same window you are currently using if that is simpler for you.
5. You now need to alter the ‘code’ on your page where the map is going to appear. To do this, follow the specific sequence for this type of blog as specified immediately below:
[Thanks to enthusiastic ClustrMaps user Sam from Home Made Alcohol Stoves ]
a) edit an existing page or add a new page
b) go to the button labled “widget bank” (it is the little gear-shaped button on the little toolbar)
c) in the search box (top right hand corner) type in ‘html’
d) click on the custom HTML widget and after that, you paste the HTML code [that you copied at step 3 above] into the widget
e) click ‘insert this widget’
f) be sure to save the page you are editing if appropriate