ClustrMaps on Edublogs
ClustrMaps HTML installation instructions for Edublogs users
Easy widget solution unique to Edublogs.org:
- go to your Edublogs.org login/dashboard “Presentation… widgets…” screen
- edit your blog sidebar by dragging the ClustrMaps widget
- open the widget’s options to fill in your email – the URL is already there – and save it
See a series of excellent instructions and screenshots in this posting from TheEduBlogger
Many thanks to Sue Waters for the very detailed instructions and screenshots that are so good that we are absolutely delighted to include a reduced image immediately below and link you directly to her instructions!
For completeness, and for those interested in the older (manual) method, we repeat steps 1-4 of the main instructions on the HTML setup page, and add more specific instructions for this case using the sub-steps shown at step 5 below.
PHASE I: Copy your ClustrMaps HTML code
1. Log in to your ClustrMaps ‘Admin’ page by clicking on the Admin link at the top of any ClustrMaps page, or going directly to: http://www.clustrmaps.com/admin/action.php (use your URL as your username, and the password you have been sent, or the password you changed it to)
2. On your admin page, you will see a box containing the relevant HTML code. PLEASE USE OPTION [D] THAT IS PROVIDED! Click in the box with your mouse and select ALL of that text (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+A to select all of it)
3. Now copy that HTML (you can use the two keyboard keys CTRL+C to perform this, or right-click with the mouse and select ‘Copy’); you will then paste it into your web page later on below.
PHASE II: Edublogs-specific alterations
4. Now you must log into your Edublogs account, using the sequence you would normally use, say, if you were about to change your settings or preferences or user profile information. Do this in a separate browser window if possible, or in the same window you are currently using if that is simpler for you.
5. You now need to alter the ‘code’ on your page where the map is going to appear. To do this, follow the specific sequence for this type of blog as specified immediately below:
[Thanks to enthusiastic ClustrMaps user miktemple123 who wrote a nice Edublogs Tutorial on Adding ClustrMaps to your blog, in which he explained the following additional steps:]
a) Bring up the ‘dashboard’ (all those Edublogs menu items – you can also click on site admin), and at the top go through the following sequence:
b) click on the following sequence of menus and tabs:
c) drag a box called ‘text 1′ (or ‘text 2′ or ‘text 3′ or ‘text 4′, etc)
from ‘Available widgets’ into the ‘Sidebar’ area… (if you need more text boxes , just scroll down the page a bit and alter the number from 1 to what you need
d) click on the right-hand side (looks like a box with 3 horizontal stripes), which is the ‘configure’ button
e) give it a title such as: Visitors to this site
f) click in the main box, and use the CTRL+V keys to paste what you earlier copied at step 3, or right-click with the mouse and select ‘Paste’
g) close it (click on the [X] in the upper right)
h) click on ‘Save changes’ (right hand side of the screen)
I would also check the titles of the things in my sidebar like