Fancier thumbnail maps January 28, 2009Posted by ClustrMaps Team in News.
A variety of thumbnail map designs are on the way, including one set of background effects we have just launched.
To take advantage of this capability, you need to log in to your ClustrMaps Admin page in the normal way, and then click on the brand new option “[E] For thumnbnails with visual effects follow this link”, as illustrated in the screen snapshot below:
Having followed option [E], you will then be taken to the “Clustrmaps Border Generator” that is illustrated below, where you can select among a variety of styles, gradient fills, and backgrounds. You should experiment with different selections, and use the UPDATE button (labelled ‘4’ in the image below) to generate the unique code for your site. The ‘balloon labels’ 1-6 are explained beneath the screen snapshot.
1. Style: there are a number of different styles to choose from, which you need to scroll through to see which one you like.
2. Gradient: this is the ‘splash’ underneath your thumbnail map, and for some (not all) styles you can choose different effects.
3. Background: choose a good background to blend with your site. If you know the exact Hex code for your best background, you can always manually edit this directly in the HTML shown at the bottom.
4. Update button: clicking on this generates the unique code for your site, after you have selected particular style, gradient, and fill options at the top.
5. Head code: for some (not all) styles, it is necessary to copy and paste this portion of the HTML specifically in the HEAD of your page, i.e. somewhere in between the opening HEAD and closing \HEAD tags
6. Body code: For all styles, this is the code that you need to copy and paste into the BODY of your page, i.e. at the location where you want your thumbnail map to appear.
Enjoy your new special effects!